The January Military Bowling Championships Has Been Cancelled
We are very sorry to inform you that as of December 11, the January Military Bowling Championships has been cancelled.
From Brad Edelman, President, High Roller, Inc.
December 11, 2020 – For the second time this year, I am in the awful position of disappointing people. I am sad and frustrated to announce that we are canceling the most important event on the annual bowling calendar.
Effective today, we have canceled the 2021 January Military Bowling Championships. It would have been the 64th annual event, and I am very sorry for the many participants who look forward to this event year after year to enjoy friendships and participate in a spectacular venue, joining us to honor the millions who have served.
This decision did not come easy and most likely could have been made sooner. However, based on national reports, I believe it is the only decision. Safety and health come before all else and there just isn’t a justifiable reason to ask bowlers from all over the world to come here during this pandemic. I do not want to be responsible for any participant or their guests, our staff, the South Point staff, or our sponsors getting sick.
We had received many team cancellations and had less than 100 completed teams. That number would have gone down even further. Many of the teams that hadn’t canceled yet were missing a player or 2, and hopes of filling those teams were not good.
Everyone has an opinion on the severity of the pandemic and how it affects his or her life. I’m sorry to disappoint anyone who still planned to come, but I’m looking forward to January of 2022 already!
Here’s hoping everyone has a safe and healthy Holiday season, New Year, and beyond!
- Individual bowlers will be sent a refund check in the mail. We don’t keep credit card information on file, so we can’t issue a credit card refund.
- If a team captain paid for the entire or partial team, we will contact them to establish who gets refunded.
- Players have the option of rolling over their entry fees for January 2022 or the 2021 August Military Team Classic.
- Refunds will go out shortly, so let us know about a change of address or if you want your entry fees carried over.
Columbus Day Senior Teams Classic Postponed Until April 2021.
Brochure for April Seniors Team Classic can be found by clicking here.
We are still conducting our business and the October and other 2021 tournaments are still scheduled.
Info for the 2021 Military Bowling Championships in January can be found by clicking here
2020 August Military Team Classic Cancellation
From Brad Edelman, President, High Roller, Inc.; June 23, 2020 – I am extremely saddened and frustrated to announce that we are canceling the 2020 August Military Team Classic. As in major events across the country, health and financial concerns outweigh any reason to stage what would have been our 13th consecutive year.
This painful decision didn’t come without hours and hours and days and days of analyzing, investigating, and soul searching before coming to our very regrettable decision.
The decision was largely based on these criteria:
- Worse Case Scenario – Contestants coming from around the country visit many local attractions in Las Vegas. Upon returning to their homes, if anyone gets sick and tests positive for COVID-19, we run the risk of the Plaza being closed by local officials.
- South Point management doubts we will receive approval to use all available lanes.
- Hundreds of teams have already canceled. Many more are expected.
- Hundreds of individuals have canceled leaving those teams incomplete.
- Hundreds of other contestants are waiting to see what direction the future of the pandemic takes. Many contestants claim they won’t decide until the first week of August. Contestants, staff, venue, and sponsors need more notice about canceling.
- The negative prospect of the future of COVID-19 for Las Vegas and the country, as reported by health organizations nationwide.
- An increase of COVID-19 positive cases, as reported by many states, some new records.
- An increase in the number of states implementing enhanced face coverings regulations.
- Financial and unemployment statistics nationwide as many of our cancellations are due to financial reasons.
- An important personal factor is knowing that the tournament environment would not be as casual and friendly as we experience each year. We would be dealing with security guards constantly moving crowds, and long lines as social distancing will be enforced.
- Contestants will be shown where and when they can be present. Although Security would just be doing their job, that is not the environment we want for our event.
- Only contestants would be allowed in the Plaza, no spectators. The previous squad would have to vacate the Plaza.
Everyone has an opinion on these sensitive topics, but this is what has led us to the decision.
Enter a High Roller Tournament today! You can choose to enter online securely by visiting our online entry page, or you can download the appropriate entry form, and fill out and fax w/credit card payment to: 1-888-794-2010.